It is normal to ask lots of questions when you first start working on a new fitness program. We actually welcome questions, and believe good questions are the start of a conversation.
Here are just a few of the regular questions we get asked. Just click on the question to see our response. If you have any more questions, you are welcome to get in contact.
Do I need to be fit?
No. That is our job to get you fit.
However, if you are fit then we will get you fitter and healthier.
What do I need to get started?
The first thing you need to do is make a decision!
Then contact us to get going or book into a trial group session.
Why should I choose Vintage Fitness?
- We are your personal health and fitness advisor, coach and mentor.
- We are committed to helping you achieve results.
- We are committed to a holistic approach to improving your lifestyle.
- We are inspired to inspire you.
- We are professional.
- We are experienced and educated.
- We care about you and your health and safety.
Who are the people that come to the sessions?
They are someone like you, who is:
• Willing to make a change.
• Ready to make a change.
• Wanting to make a difference to your health and fitness but doesn’t know how to go about it.
• Looking for a little extra motivation.
• Sick of not doing anything for yourself.
If this is you, then you should contact us now!
How much will the training sessions cost?
The session costs vary on how much you do, and whether you do group training or personal training. You can find more details on our Pricing page.
Why should I come?
People use trainers to assist them reach their individual health and fitness goals. A trainer will tailor exercise programs to meet your goals and personal health needs and teach you the best way to exercise and motivate you.
What do I need to bring?
To each session you should bring water, a warm jacket for after the session and a towel if you need to. Above all you need to bring a great attitude to get the most out of each session.
When can I do the sessions?
You can do your sessions at any time that is convenient to you. We have training times to fit around your busy lives.
What is the role of a trainer?
A personal trainer should have relevant qualifications and be registered with a recognised industry association such as Fitness Australia. A personal trainer’s job is to work with your health professionals, discuss your goals, assess your fitness level, design a program for you and help keep you motivated.
How many sessions should I do per week?
Our experience shows that most people do between one and three sessions a week. This will depend on your time availability and affordability. There is no wrong and right but the trainer is there to motivate you and guide you, not only in the session but what you should also be doing in your own sessions.
What are your qualifications?
All our trainers are Registered personal trainers with Fitness Australia and have completed a Certificate IV in fitness or they may have undertaken a degree in exercise science or human movement. All trainers are insured.
What can a trainer help with?
- Help you exercise safely and efficiently.
- Help motivate you.
- Help you with technique.
- Monitor your progress.
- Adjust your exercise program in response to your changing fitness level.
- Offer general advice on good nutrition according to national guidelines.
- Vary your exercise options to keep you motivated, interested and enjoying your workouts.
- Help you to manage some exercise on your own.
What planning to you have in place for COVID-19 safety?
Vintage Fitness is helping to keep our community safe and well with sanitised equipment and social distancing. We follow the Fitness Australia COVID Framework and NSW Government COVID-Safe Business requirements.
Find out more about our COVID-Safe Practices here.